Digital media services for schools.
photo | video | web
photography, filming & streaming, websites, technical support, curriculum support, training
There are any number of reasons why a school may require high-quality images to promote its work, which fall beyond the scope of school portrait companies that visit schools annually. Mooma Media offers sensibly priced photographic services, on a bespoke basis, to record events, projects or activities that schools feel are worth capturing with high-quality images. I can visit your school for as little as £35.00, capturing photos and supplying high-resolution jpg files along with website ready copies immediately. Perfect for documenting a curriculum project, presentation or short performance.
I can also produce high-quality photographic prints, on exhibition quality photographic papers, ideal for display around your school.
For a photography quote, please contact me.
Filming & Streaming
- Is your school holding a special event that you would like recorded for posterity?
- Are your students performing in a show or concert that you would like streamed over the internet?
- Do you have coursework for Drama or Dance GCSE that would benefit from high-quality recording?
- Are you preparing teaching or CPD materials that would benefit from high-quality A/V production?
- Are you facilitating a conference or Teaching School programme that you would like to make available on the web?
- Mooma Media can record and/or live-stream your performances, functions or training events with either single or multi-camera capture in full HD quality with hi-fidelity sound.
If you are interested in learning more about my filming and streaming services and how they could support your school, please contact me.
Take your school to the world!
Mooma Media designs and builds engaging websites using the world’s most popular and comprehensive Content Management System, WordPress. This ensures that your website can adapt, as your school grows. Using only the most versatile WordPress themes ensures that I build fully responsive websites, that function well and look great on any device. Example school website.
Because Mooma offers a complete range of digital media services, your site can be designed, built, hosted and populated with professionally produced media from a single source. This reduces issues that can result from coordinating multiple providers. Upon completion, I can either train a member of your team to manage the site or provide you with an ongoing content management service, leaving you to do what you do best.
Technical support services include:
- Video and audio editing
- Media transfer, video transcoding and file conversion (e.g. .MOV to MP4, YouTube to MP4/MP3 audio, audio cassette/CD to MP3, etc)
- Media duplication (CD, DVD, Flash Drive)
- Equipment and software troubleshooting
- Procurement advice
If you don’t see it here, that doesn’t mean I can’t do it! Please contact me to outline your requirements.
Mooma Media offers in-class curriculum support for photography, film and media-based projects in any subject area or Key Stage, including course-specific support for the following Key Stage 4 course components:
WJEC/Eduqas Film Studies GCSE:
- Core Study Area 1: Key Elements of Film Form
- Component 3 (Production): Filming Option
Cambridge Creative iMedia Award/Certificate
- Components RO81, RO82, RO88, RO89 & RO90.
Edexcel BTEC Tech Award in Creative Media Production:
- Components: 2 & 3: All aspects of Audio/Moving Image media production and website production (interactive media).
Edexcel, OCR, Eduqas and AQA Art and Design – Photography (Lens and Light-Based Media):
- Component 1: Portfolio
- Component 2: Externally set Assignment/Task
As an experienced educator and media practitioner, I will be happy to work alongside classroom teachers to deliver those practical aspects of photography, film and media production, which many classroom teachers find challenging. I can also offer exposure to specialist equipment in supporting practical activities, which is beyond the reach of many schools.
To find out more about how I can support you in delivering your Key Stage 4 Film or Media course, visit the Curriculum Support page. Alternatively, if you have a specific enquiry, please contact me.
- Are you planning on developing media production resources in your school and wondering where to start?
- Do you need up-skilling in order to deliver a Key Stage 4 course that has a practical photography, film or media element?
- Is there a curriculum project you’re trying to develop that requires staff CPD in the use of media equipment or software?
- Are you interested in starting a young filmmakers club or photography group and need technical training on equipment, software or workflows?
If you would like to find out if Mooma Media can help you to develop your practical media, photography and film making skills, in order to deliver your course or project confidently and successfully; please contact me.
Projects & Workshops
Whether you’re looking for an off the shelf media project or workshop, which introduces key media production concepts, alongside oracy and other key skills; or you want to work with a media in education specialist to develop a bespoke experience for your students; Mooma Media can help!
Projects & workshops currently offered include:
- Student filmed promotional videos
- School magazine or news programme
- Talking-head student voice
- Stop motion animation
- Mini film festival
For more information on the above, please take a look at my Projects & Workshops page.
If you would like to discuss or book a project or workshop for your school, please contact me.